Topic #1: On social media sites, the topic “Alexandria Ocasio-Smollett” began trending on Wednesday when it became clear that Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) had significantly overstated her experiences during the Capitol Riots on January 6th.
Thoughts and Observations:
"*" indicates required fields
- In the month since the riots, AOC repeatedly hyped the danger she had faced as mostly-peaceful rioters stormed the Capitol Building. She told us she had been in a “vulnerable situation,” and she had been “traumatized” during the “very close encounter.” It turns out, however, that she wasn’t even in the Capitol Building when it happened, but was instead over a quarter-mile away in the Cannon House Building. Oops.
- The label that was trending online is in reference to the Jussie Smollett Hoax from two years ago. Smollett, you may remember, is the knucklehead actor who claimed to be the victim of a hate crime, having been assaulted by two white guys shouting “This is MAGA Country” in downtown Chicago during single-digit temperatures. From the beginning, Smollett’s story was about as realistic as Nancy Pelosi going on-the-wagon, and was so outrageously unbelievable it was laughable. This situation with AOC isn’t quite as egregious as Smollett’s, but it’s not far off either.
- To be fair, during a 90-minute Instagram video that AOC had posted on Tuesday, she never actually claimed to be in the Capitol Building. However, in an email sent to supporters after her story began to unravel, AOC called on those supporters to jump into Cancel Culture Mode and notify social media companies of anyone accusing her of not having been in the Capitol Building; specifically.
- For those who contend the Cannon House Building is part of the “Capitol Complex,” please. Stop. The Cannon House Building was not breached and it was never in danger of being compromised. The contention by AOC is akin to having a house burn down three blocks away from you, and then telling the world you feared for your life.
- During the mayhem, it turns out, AOC ran to the office of Rep. Katie Porter (D-CA) for safety. Porter was reportedly sipping on coffee at her desk when AOC arrived, and then asked “Can I help you? What are you looking for?” In case you missed the “D” next to Porter’s name, she is indeed a Democrat; and a woman. Maybe Porter was calmer under pressure than AOC, or perhaps Porter wasn’t scheming to lay the groundwork to maximize her victimhood after the riot.
- Just last week, AOC had accused Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) of trying to have her murdered, and earlier this week suggested that she doubted the Capitol Police Officer who was trying to help her that day had good intentions because he was white. Therefore, we can conclude that not only is AOC a liar, she’s also a racist.
Topic #2: On Tuesday, two FBI agents were killed and three others were injured by a single gunman during a raid on a house related to a child pornography probe in Sunrise, Florida.
Thoughts and Observations:
- May God bless the fallen agents and their families, and may He grant the injured a speedy recovery. We should all be immensely grateful for their sacrifices. #BlueLivesMatter.
- I’m personally opposed to the death penalty, for a few reasons, both religious and practical. I don’t think our government should be in the business of imposing the ultimate form of justice. We should lock them up for a life of hard labor and throw away the key. But it’s situations like these that ensure my opposition to executions stays at the bottom of my priority list. The two lowest forms of human life are child rapists and cop-killers, and this scumbag checks off both boxes. Whatever punishment awaits him, it won’t be sufficient; and hell is too good for him.
- FBI Agents are some of the most well-trained and best equipped law enforcement officers in the world. The suspect essentially set an ambush for the officers, and was effective in doing so, unfortunately. The next time there’s a cop who makes a mistake, and handles a situation poorly, let’s remember what happened this week. Law enforcement officers have scenarios such as this in the back of their minds every time they approach a vehicle or knock on a door. They shouldn’t be second-guessed for every mistake they make in trying to protect us and our children.
- President Biden was appropriately somber when he offered condolences to the families of the fallen officers. In fact, his comments were excellent until he stated, “the vast majority of these men and women are decent, honorable people who put themselves on the line.” It’s remarkable that Democrats have positioned themselves in such opposition to law enforcement officers – accusing them of engaging in imaginary systemic racism – that on the day two are murdered by a child pornographer, our president has to qualify his statements lest he alienate his base. It’s utterly despicable.
- White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki was unapologetic for the president. When pressed for what Biden meant by the comment, Psaki replied, “That is exactly what he meant.” On the day that two officers were killed, and three more were injured trying to protect American children, our president felt compelled to call out that most such officers are “decent and honorable.” The next time a federal judge dies, will Biden remind us that “most are decent and honorable?” How about the next congressperson, or cabinet secretary? Of course not, because it’s not necessary. And it shouldn’t be necessary to state the obvious regarding law enforcement either, unless you belong to a party that constantly demonizes them and advocates for their defunding.
Topic #3: President Biden’s Climate Czar John Kerry was busy this week as he cozied up with Chinese polluters and was forced to defend his use of a private jet to fly to Iceland in 2019 for a… wait for it… environmental award.
Thoughts and Observations:
- Doesn’t it seem ironic to use the word “Czar” as labels for these leftist bureaucratic authoritarians? Perhaps you should brush up on some world history, Democrats. Instead of “Climate Czar,” wouldn’t it be more appropriate to call Kerry the “Climate General Secretary?”
- Regarding the Chinese, Kerry was gushing about his Communist Party counterpart, calling Xie Zhenhua “capable” and “a leader.” Yup, he’s a leader alright. As a reminder, the Chinese account for 29% of the world’s total carbon emissions, and their numbers have been skyrocketing in recent years.
- Let’s not forget, Kerry has been wrong on virtually every topic he’s weighed in on for years, including Russia and Iran when he was Secretary of State. In this case, it’s difficult to determine if Kerry is simply being naïve or is trying stroke the ego of Xie in order to make progress with him down the road. Most likely, it’s probably both. One thing we can be certain of: whatever Kerry’s strategy is, it will fail.
- As for Kerry’s escapades on his private jet, he justified his actions by stating it was his “only choice.” Apparently Kerry is unaware of commercial airlines, or perhaps flying commercial is beneath him. Besides, couldn’t Kerry have hopped on that wind-surf-thingamajig and sailed it to Iceland? He could’ve even take James Taylor along for the ride.
- Kerry’s “do as I say, not as I do” attitude is just the latest example of Democrat and leftist hypocrisy. We are living in George Orwell’s Animal Farm. “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal.”
- For those too young to remember, John Kerry was almost our president. Election Day 2004 came down to one state – Ohio – and it wasn’t until the following morning that we learned George W. Bush had won a second term. If Kerry had won instead, there’s no telling the damage that man would have done to our country. There, but for the Grace of God, go us.
Topic #4: Congresswoman Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) has become the latest object of demonization by leftists and Democrats, as the media went all out this week on their coverage of the controversial, first-term Congresswoman.
Thoughts and Observations:
- Here’s an experiment to illustrate the absurdity of the situation surrounding this obscure, newly-elected official. Bring up Google on your phone or PC’s browser, and type in only the letter “M,” and see what names or words auto-populate by Google. At the time of this writing, the list that comes up has Marjorie Taylor Greene at the very top, ahead of McDonalds, Mega Millions, and Maps. It is so blatantly obvious that the mainstream media and Big Tech are doing everything possible to make Rep. Greene the face of the Republican Party.
- Rep. Greene has been rightfully criticized for holding some absolutely whacky views. Among other things, Greene has stated her belief 1) in a debunked theory that leading Democrats are operating a pedophilia ring, 2) that California’s recent wildfires had been started by laser beams from outer space controlled by Jews, and 3) the Sandy Hook and Parkland school shooting massacres were staged. That’s some crazy stuff, no doubt. But they were said before she was duly elected, and she was elected in spite of those comments.
- If we’re going to hold sitting members of congress accountable for irresponsible comments and nutty views, let’s start with comments they’ve made while in office. And let’s begin with Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) who lied to the American people for three years about non-existent evidence he had linking President Trump to Russia collusion, and asserted repeatedly that Trump was a “Russian Asset.” That was pretty crazy, don’t you think? And it came from a Committee Chairman. Accountability is a good thing, so let’s start with Schiff.
- On Thursday, the House of Representatives voted to remove Greene from all committees, in a vote that was mostly along party lines. She’s been in Congress for about five minutes, but Democrats can’t wait to apply the Scarlet Letter. We should expect a vote by House Democrats in the coming weeks to give Greene the Cersei Lannister treatment, ala the High Sparrow. March her through the capitol, throw feces at her, and shout “Shame.”
- The clear purpose behind singling out Greene is to hold her up as indicative of all Republicans. Anyone who has ever said anything nice about her is being lumped in with Greene. Meanwhile, blatant racist and anti-Semite Democrats who pal around with Louis Farrakhan roam the halls of Congress unimpeded. Rep. Greene might not be a model congresswoman, but she’s certainly no worse than Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) and Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA).
Topic #5: Comedian and former Jimmy Kimmel sidekick Adam Corolla opined during an interview that writers and performers for NBC’s Saturday Night Live are afraid to include criticisms of Democrats during the show for fear of Cancel Culture repercussions.
Thoughts and Observations:
- For those who haven’t watched SNL in a while, you’re not missing much. The next time you wake up at 2:00 AM and can’t go back to sleep, turn on the television and tune in Nickelodeon. They’ll likely be running a low-budget production from the mid-1990s, and that show will be funnier than the current SNL; and the humor will be more sophisticated. Then go to Roku or On Demand and pick a recent episode of SNL to watch. You’ll be back asleep in no time.
- Not only is Corolla’s point accurate, its accuracy is obvious. During SNL’s most recent broadcast last Saturday, targets of their “comedy” included the aforementioned Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, football player Tom Brady (and his support of Donald Trump), conservative businessman Mike Lindell, and of course Trump himself. And what Democrats/leftists were targeted? None.
- Corolla called out the specific reluctance of SNL to include anything critical of President Biden or Democratic New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. He’s certainly correct to call out those two as examples, but there are many more that are undoubtedly on the list. For instance, there hasn’t been an American political personality more worthy of mockery and ridicule than the aforementioned AOC since George W. Bush, but she is clearly off-limits. Simply put, AOC should be comedic gold for SNL, but they wouldn’t dare cross her.
- Skits for Biden and Cuomo would practically write themselves. For the president, we could have Biden and his old friend Corn Pop hanging out in the White House basement, listening to their record player, and talking about all the mullarkey going on in the country… “C’mon man.” With Cuomo, put the skit in a setting reminiscent of the movie Goodfellas, with the governor occasionally dealing with his idiot brother Fredo and moronic Mayor Bill DeBlasio. Both skits could be recurring, with new scripts each week. There you go NBC, you’ve got material for skits for the next several years that would actually be funny. You’re welcome. Please make your check payable to PF Whalen.
P.F. Whalen is a conservative blogger at TheBlueStateConservative.com. His work has appeared in multiple publications, including the Western Journal, Human Events, and American Thinker. Follow him on Parler@PFWhalen and on Gab @PFWhalen.