I know, I know… I know what you’re thinking. “Joe Biden, really? You could have him as Knucklehead of the Week every Saturday.” And you are correct, of course. But some weeks he’s a bigger knucklehead than others, and his performance on Thursday was simply too ridiculous to ignore.
Winner: Joe Biden’s ‘Town Hall Meeting’ on CNN was a sight to see.
"*" indicates required fields
The so-called “Town Hall Meeting” Thursday night was set up to be a cake walk for President Joe Biden. It was in Baltimore, Maryland, a city that is about as blue as it gets. It was on CNN, a network which is essentially just another arm of his Administration’s communication department. And it lasted for less-than seventy-five minutes, which meant Biden could answer some questions and would still have time to go back to the White House basement and watch reruns of The Munsters. But by virtually any measure, Thursday night was a disaster for the president.
It’s not very often we hear anyone from the mainstream media call out the president for lying, but that’s exactly what happened within minutes of the broadcast’s conclusion. Even CNN had to recognize Biden’s dishonesty, stating “Biden made some false claims, along with making other claims that could have used additional context.” And when Biden wasn’t lying, he was losing his train of thought, misidentifying members of the audience, and asking CNN host Anderson Cooper for help. Consider just a few of Biden’s more troubling moments:
- Biden was asked by a college student why he hadn’t been to the southern border yet, and Biden just ignored the question. Cooper then pressed Biden to address it, at which point Biden explained, “I’ve been there before, and I haven’t — I mean, I know it well. I guess I should go down. But the – but the whole point of it is: I haven’t had a whole hell of lot of time to get down.” Too busy to visit the site of one of your most pressing crises? Hmm.
- Later, the fact that Biden hasn’t actually been to the border resulted in this gem of an attempt at damage control, “[I’ve been] traveling around the world. But I plan on – now, my wife, Jill, has been down. She’s been on both sides of the river. She’s seen the circumstances there.” Really? Both sides of the river? Wow. And all we need to do is have our wives visit somewhere and that counts for us doing it? That’s good to know… me and my wife are going to have to sit down and discuss this one.
- As Cooper posed a question to Biden about economic inflation, the president remained in a pose reminiscent of Buck Rogers and his legendary jet pack. He stood upright, with both elbows at 90-degree angles and his hands clenched in fists. It was awkward to the point of being uncomfortable to watch. “Up, up, and away!”
- When trying to remember the name of the Port of Long Beach – you know, the one in California that is backed up halfway across the Pacific Ocean with merchandise that can’t be unloaded due to Biden’s incompetence – Biden couldn’t remember the name of the port. It got so bad, he looked at Cooper and said, “What am I don’t here?” Yes, he said that out loud.
- Regarding COVID vaccines, Biden let loose this whopper: “When I first was elected, there were only 2 million people who had COVID shots in the United States of America – had the vaccine.” This contention was so egregious, CNN actually stated, “Biden’s ‘2 million people’ assertion was inaccurate no matter which way you parse it.” And again, that’s CNN making the point.
- Biden did that super-creepy whispering thing again, this time when he was making this false point regarding taxation, “You have 55 corporations, for example, in the United States of America, making over $40 billion, don’t pay a cent—not a single little red cent.” He also made the “OK” sign with his fingers for some reason, which was supposed to be verboten due to being racist, or something. The guy is just weird.
- During a point Biden was trying to make on “the integrity of the Justice Department,” he went on one of those long, rambling diatribes where he stumbles all over his words. If you haven’t seen it, check it out here, and note how he has to pause, close his eyes, and presumably think real hard about what the heck he’s trying to say. Is it possible that we really had 80 million people vote for this clown?
It’s easy to be an armchair quarterback and take shots at someone after a display like Biden’s on Thursday. No one is perfect, and some of us are less perfect than others. But this man is, after all, the president of the United States. He’s the most powerful person in the world, and he should be scrutinized.
While there are a lot of things one could conclude from Biden’s most recent Town Hall Meeting, none of them are good, at least if one is being honest. And if we are being honest, the most obvious conclusion we could arrive at is this: Joe Biden is a knucklehead.
Honorable Mention #1: California Governor Gavin Newsom signs executive order on the supply chain crisis that solves nothing.
As mentioned above, the supply chain crisis at California’s ports has reached a critical point, and if not corrected soon it could last through next year or longer. So, what’s a governor to do? How do we solve such problems? By signing absolutely meaningless executive orders, of course.
Newsom’s order from Wednesday directs state agencies to “identify additional ways to alleviate congestion at California ports.” Now there’s a good idea, Gavin. That ought to do it. The order also instructs officials to “continue coordinating with the Biden-Harris Administration Supply Chain Disruptions Task Force.” Wait a second. If they’re already doing it, why do you need to instruct them to “continue?” Do they think the crisis is over? Did someone tell them everything is just hunky-dory now and they can stop? Rest easy California and everyone who relies on its ports to receive the goods that they need… Gruesome Newsom is on the case, and he’s got the situation all figured out.
Honorable Mention #2: Ohio College Student is frightened by “cisgender men” working on dorm rooms.
A student at Ohio’s Oberlin College wrote an Op-Ed criticizing the school’s decision to bring in what would likely be “cisgender men” to install new radiators in the school’s “safe space” dormitory for women and transgender students. Included in the student’s rant was the following: “I was angry, scared, and confused. Why didn’t the College complete the installation over the summer, when the building was empty? Why couldn’t they tell us precisely when the workers would be there? Why were they only notifying us the day before the installation was due to begin?”
The officials at Oberlin College have just been taught a valuable lesson: When you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. It’s doubtful they’ll comprehend the lesson, but it is there right in front of them, nonetheless. When you enable, and in fact encourage, an environment in which “safe spaces” exist, you should expect to have such idiotic reactions. Keep going with your wokeness and pretty soon you’ll be segregating every aspect of student life based on a never-ending litany of woke, intersectional traits. You reap what you sow, Oberlin.
P.F. Whalen is a conservative blogger at TheBlueStateConservative.com. His work has appeared in multiple publications, including Human Events, the Western Journal, and American Thinker.
Featured photo is a screengrab from CNN.