“They asked me would I like to debate [Donald Trump], and I said no. I said, ‘If we were in high school, I’d take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.” Joe Biden, March 2018
The “Democrats”, the self-described “inclusive” Party, often criticize Donald Trump for his alleged violent rhetoric. In fact, if facts are relevant, the shoe is on the other foot. But before we discuss the Democrat’s explicit violent rhetoric, consider one typical account of Donald Trump’s alleged violent rhetoric, a Jan. 7, 2021 article in the Guardian.
Astonishingly, despite the fact that the title promises to detail calls to violence by Donald Trump, most of the remarks cited in the article are made by people other than Trump and none of them are actual calls to violence.
The first remark is Trump’s tweet on Dec. 19, 2020, to followers to go to the protest and “Be wild!”. The Free Dictionary explains that this means: “To become very excited or enthusiastic (about someone or something).” Far from being a call to violence, this expression could be used by teenagers talking about a party.
The second case, described in the Guardian article as a statement by Louie Gohmert to Trump supporters “to go to the streets and be violent,” is nothing of the sort. In fact, referring to a court ruling that Trump had no grounds to challenge the legitimacy of the election, Gohmert said the court ruling means that “[Trump supporters] have no remedy. … [T]he ruling [means] that you have got to go to the streets and be as violent as Antifa.” However, Gohmert is not there stating his own position. He is explaining the court’s message to Trump supporters.
The third example is a statement by Eric Trump on Jan. 1st that any Republican members who vote to certify Biden’s election will be primaried. That is not a call to violence. It is a normal call to politics.
The fourth is a statement by Ted Cruz on Jan. 3 that “we will not go quietly into the night. We will defend liberty.” No wonder the Left is so upset. There is nothing it hates more than liberty. Cruz’s statement is not a call to violence. It could be a reference to reading Dylan Thomas’ poem “Do not go gently into that good night” at Princeton.
The sixth example is a statement by Don, Jr. to weak Republicans that “if you’re gonna be the zero, not the hero, we’re coming for you.” This is not a call to violence but to political activity against weak members of his own party.
"*" indicates required fields
The seventh is a statement by Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani that if we are right about a stolen election a lot of them will be going to jail. So, let’s have trial by combat.” That too is not a call to violence. It is a call to go to court.
The eighth example is a statement by Donald Trump on Jan. 6 that “we won’t take it anymore. … I know everyone here will soon be marching over to the capitol building. To peacefully, patriotically make your voices heard.” Trump explicitly calls for a peaceful protest of his supporters to make their voices heard and he is accused of calling for violence.
The ninth example is that on Jan. 6th Republican Senator Josh Hawley of Missouri greeted a crowd of “agitated Trump supporters” with a “raised left fist”. In fact, leftists of every stripe from communists, Marxists, anarchists, black lives matter, and feminists have used the clenched fist symbolism for over a century. In other words, the left raises their fist all the time but when conservatives do it then it is a call to violence.
By contrast, the Democrats regularly make real calls to violence.
- Tehran-born Harvard-trained Rezla Aslan, ironically CNN’s guest expert on world religions, stated that Kellyanne Conway is the “depraved evil we need to eradicate”.
- When Fox journalist Tony Snow announced that he had terminal cancer the Daily Kos and left-wing blogs said that he deserved it.
- Although these comments appear to have been scrubbed from the net, people on the Daily Kos expressed the hope that Dick Cheney would be assassinated in Afghanistan.
- A Democrat Hollywood producer Jack Morrissey stated that the Covington kids be murdered by being sent “screaming into the wood chipper” for the crime of doing nothing wrong.
- In 2018 Hillary Clinton stated that we “cannot be civil towards Republicans” while Attorney General Eric Holder, Obama’s self-described “wing man”, said that when Republicans “go low” we “kick them”.
- Senate Democrat Leader Chuck Schumer threatened SCOTUS justices Kavanaugh and Gorsuch in a speech at a pro-abortion rally: “You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”
- A Harvard grad student threatened to stab anyone who committed the sin of saying “All lives matter.”
- That great humanitarian, actor Alex Baldwin, who is always lecturing the deplorables about their moral shortcomings, and who recently killed someone on a movie set stated that he doesn’t feel guilty, urged a television audience that we should stone Clinton critic Congressman Henry Hyde and his wife and children to death.
- Just in case anyone forgot how infantile he is, Stephen Colbert said on his show that Donald Trump’s mouth was only useful for Vladimir Putin’s “c**k holster”. Naturally, the kiddies in the audience all laughed. Colbert also depicted a Trump-aide’s severed head on a spike.
- After Rep. Scalise was actually shot, and almost died, by a Bernie Sanders supporter, Democrat official Phil Montag stated that “I’m glad he got shot. I’m not f*****g saying that in public. I wish he was f*****g dead.”
- Former CNN host Kathy Griffin posted, “apologized,” and then re-posted a grotesque photo of herself holding a bloody severed head resembling that of Donald Trump.
- Obama Attorney General Loretta Lynch called for liberals to “march, bleed and die in the streets” as they “resist” Trump.
- A person identified as a liberal preschool teacher told a BLM rally that it is time to start murdering white conservatives.
- Drexel professor George Ciccariello-Maher tweeted that all he wants for Christmas is “white genocide”.
- In 2008, Barak Obama referred to rubbing out his opponents the “Chicago way” when he suggested that “If [Republicans] bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.” Naturally, he never paid much of a price for this because most of the “news” media were too busy groveling to his glory.
- Hillary’s running mate Tim Kaine called for Democrats to “fight in the streets against Trump.” Kaine’s son Linwood may have taken dad’s advice because he was later charged for his involvement in riot by a masked Antifa group at a pro-Trump event.
- Pop-singer Madonna stated, after the election of Donald Trump, that “Yes, I’m angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House.”
- Rapper Azealia Banks stated that Sarah Palin should be gang-raped by a group of Black Men.
- Maxine Waters, regularly identified as one of the most corrupt members of congress, said: “[I]f you see anybody from [Trump’s] Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you … create a crowd … [and] tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.”
- Biden supporter Robert De Niro stated “I’d like to punch Donald Trump in the face,”
- A year earlier another spoiled child, Johnny Depp, referring to Trump, asked “When was the last time an actor assassinated a president?”
- On Bill Maher’s show, comedian Marc Maron stated his hope that Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann would get “f*cked angrily” by her husband. Bachmann’s sin is that she retains her Christian opposition to “gay marriage”.
- On the same show, infantile gay activist Dan Savage stated that “I sometimes think about f*cking the sh*t out of Rick Santorum.”
The differing ways in which Democrats and Republicans are treated is striking. When Trump tells his followers “To peacefully, patriotically make your voices heard” he is accused of calling for violence. When Giuliani states an intention legally to take Trump’s opponents to court, he is accused of calling for violence. And so on. By contrast, “Democrats” call for real violence, rapes, assassinations, punching people, etc. It is in fact an important question why leftist ideologies of “tolerance” and “inclusivity” produces such vile unhinged, often infantile, hate. Many of these people literally need help. A 2021 poll reveals that the Democrat party is more likely to hate their political opponents than the conservative party.
Finally, for the record, Joe Biden said that he talked about beating the hell out of Trump after Trump’s remark that he grabs women by the p***y. In fact, Trump never said that. What Trump actually said is that “when you’re a star” you can do that sort of thing, not that he personally does it. While he was virtue-signalling, Biden did not say whether Tara Reade agrees with his orchestrated moral outrage.
By Richard McDonough
Richard Michael McDonough, American philosophy educator. Achievements include production of original interpretation of Wittgenstein’s logical-metaphysical system, original application Kantian Copernican Revolution to philosophy of language; significant interdisciplinary work logic, linguistics, psychology & philosophy. Member Australasian Debating Federation (honorary life, adjudicator since 1991), Phi Kappa Phi. Richard is a regular contributor to The Blue State Conservative.
Enjoy HUGE savings at My Pillow with promo code BSC
The views and opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The Blue State Conservative. The BSC is not responsible for, and does not verify the accuracy of, any information presented.
Featured photo by Shenkonic, CC BY-SA 4.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0>, via Wikimedia Commons