A common scene in old movies depicting the Wild West went something like this: The bad guys ride into town on their horses wearing black hats, hollering, and shooting their guns into the air for no reason other than to intimidate onlookers and to create a ruckus. They act this way because they have no fear or respect for local law enforcement, namely the town sheriff and deputies. No immediate harm is done to the townfolk, but bloodshed and shootouts are imminent, as the sheriff begins preparing for a crackdown.
Such is the case in modern-day San Francisco and other cities run by far-left Democrats, with only a few noticeable differences:
– Instead of horses, the bad guys drive cars, or perhaps ride motorcycles.
– If they’re wearing hats, they’re probably baseball caps with the sales stickers still in place on the visors.
– Guns may or may not be involved, due to the price and availability of ammunition, not because of any deterrent from criminal accountability.
– And in such scenes in the Old West, the citizens were outraged and demanded action from the sheriff; in San Francisco they’re just starting to get fed up as they continue to vote for Democrats.
As an example of this absurdity, consider this video from Monday from local KTVU-TV in San Francisco:
Some key takeaways from the video and the reporting.
* The perpetrators are emboldened because they have no fear of being held to account.
* Apparently, no one was hurt, fortunately, but as we watch the footage it seems miraculous that this was the case.
"*" indicates required fields
* As the news anchor states, “It’s unclear if any arrests were made,” and if we were gamblers our bet would be that there won’t be any arrests; and if there are, they’ll only get a slap on the wrist as a result.
This type of brash disorder is not indicative of a healthy, thriving society. San Francisco, like so many other blue states and cities, has seen a dramatic increase in crime.
The shenanigans from the perpetrators in this footage may have caused only minimal damage… this time. And no one may have been hurt… this time. But what about next time? What if someone is seriously injured or killed? What if a car flies into a local storeowner’s business causing thousands of dollars of damage that they can’t afford to repair? And if thugs like this are so brazen in this instance, why wouldn’t they escalate their criminality to more serious, harmful crimes?
San Franciscans may be headed toward a turning point as indicated by their recall of leftist District Attorney Chesa Boudin. Mayhem like this on the streets, rampant shoplifting, and raging violent crime have pushed the limits of voters’ patience. But will they go the distance? Will citizens in San Francisco, St. Louis, Portland, and elsewhere finally say, “Enough” and vote leftist Democrats out of office? If you believe that, we have a very nice bridge near San Francisco Bay we’d like to sell you.
By Jordan Case
Jordan Case offers opinions from the unique perspective of both entrepreneur and parent and is a regular contributor to The Blue State Conservative. Jordan does not participate in the cesspool of social media.
Enjoy HUGE savings at My Pillow with promo code BSC
The views and opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The Blue State Conservative. The BSC is not responsible for, and does not verify the accuracy of, any information presented.
Notice: This article may contain commentary that reflects the author’s opinion.
Featured photo by JD Lasica from Pleasanton, CA, US, CC BY 2.0 <https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0>, via Wikimedia Commons